- Reach Uhuru, the Roof of Africa
- Very good acclimatisation conditions
- Catch the first view of the sun rise over Africa
- Views of Heim, Kersten and Rebmann glaciers
Start and end in Arusha! Machame route climb adventure tour – Mt Kilimanjaro Trekking Machame Route, you have a 9 day trip package taking you through Kilimanjaro National Park.
Machame Route it`s one of the seven main routes used to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the Machame route is the most popular path. It is the route of choice for many people because it provides impressive views and a variety of habitats. About 50% of all climbers and most seasoned climbers choose the Machame route.
The Machame route is also known as the Whiskey route, given its reputation for being a tough climb, in contrast to the easier Marangu route, which is known as the Coca-Cola route. Unlike the gradual incline and hut accommodations found on the Marangu Route, the climbers on Machame hike steeper trails, for longer distances, while sleeping in tents. Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL DAY
Our driver will pick you up at the airport and proceed to the hotel. Orientation for your trek will take place shortly after you arrive and your guides will provide comprehensive information that will assist you in reaching the summit. Your trekking gear will be checked before you leave.
DAY 2 – BEGIN TREK TO MACHAME CAMP
Begin your journey on narrow rainforest trails, where you’ll set out with many other groups on this popular trail.
DAY 3 – MACHAME CAMP TO SHIRA 2 CAMP
Vegetation gets sparser as you ascend into the heath, where alien-looking giant groundsels tower over the rocky slopes.
DAY 4 – SHIRA 2 TO BARRANCO CAMP
Enjoy expansive views of the Barranco Valley from your camp at the base of the Barranco Wall.
DAY 5 BARRANCO CAMP TO KARANGA
A challenging scramble up the Barranco Wall is rewarded with breathtaking views from the top. Continue over ridges and valleys before a steep hike to camp.
DAY 6 – KARANGA TO BARAFU
As you near the summit, the landscape starts to resemble the surface of the moon. Keep an eye out for towering lava formations, remnants of Kili’s fiery past.
DAY 7 – BARAFU TO SUMMIT/ MWEKA MILLENNIUM CAMP
Headlamps snaking up the mountain light your way during an overnight summit bid. Celebrate your success with a few quick pictures at the top before trekking much of the way back down the mountain.
DAY 8 – COMPLETE TREK
Complete your descent through the rainforest to Mweka Gate at 5,364 feet. where all successful climbers will receive their summit certificates then have lunch and say goodbye to our mountain crew before leaving Mount Kilimanjaro and heading back to your hotel in Arusha for a shower and some rest. Landside adventure and safaris Ltd vehicle will be waiting to for you at the gate.
DAY 9 – DEPARTURE DAY
There are no activities planned today, so feel free to depart at any time. Or why not continue the adventure by exploring our amazing wildlife safaris or visit Zanzibar island beach for relaxation
Price includes the following:
- Accommodation while on a trek
- AMREF Flying Doctors
- All meals for vegetarian/non-vegetarian
- 2 Nights hotel before and after the climb
- All entry fees, Camping fees, and Rescue fee
- Utensils, Awards Certificates of Achievements
- Professional mountains Guides, Cook, and Porters.
- Treated drinking water, Sleeping Mattress, Tables and Chairs
- 4 Transfers from JRO to hotel, from hotel to gate, from gate to hotel and from hotel to JRO
Price does not include the following:
- Tips & Visa
- Laundry services
- International flight tickets fees
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- All items of person nature such as telephone call, fax, email etc
- Equipment including fleece jacket, socks, sunglasses, water bottles, body tights, scarf etc